I switched to NameHero as my hosting last year and till now, I don’t regret my decision. I’ve used my earlier host for around 8 years and it was good too. But suddenly the Divi theme installed on my WordPress sites (I had two sites with the same host) had some problems and I could not sort it out with my web hosting provider and their support service could not help out. Even though I am not running a million-dollar business or a huge blog, I like to have a speedier service, having minimum downtime and fewer problems with my hosting services. I did not have much budget to go for very fast dedicated services but I did not want to settle with dirt-cheap hosting either where you need to troubleshoot problems every day or the other. I have a habit of researching things and services before I make a purchase. So, when I decided to switch my web host, which I had been using for more than 8 years, I Googled and Binged to get recommendations and reviews from experts. When you search for web hosting services, I guarantee you that 80% of the results will recommend you to services of a particular group which has a number of different web hosting brands. I wanted some other services for my WordPress Blog and then I zeroed in with two service providers, one is NameHero and other is also an equally good hosting company, SiteGround. Since I need only one service, I settled with NameHero after some comparison and price matching with my available budget and individual discounts on offer in August 2019. Siteground also has recently increased its prices.
Let me talk about Namehero. Namehero is based in the US and has Data centres in the US and the EU at present. They offer shared cloud web hosting, reseller hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated cloud hosting and domains. They offer High-Speed Cloud Hosting with 99.9% Website Uptime which is Instantly Scalable. Their shared hosting plans come with a free SSL certificate and free SSD or Solid State Drives that are protected by Raid 10. What makes SSDs better than the standard HDD is the fact that they don’t have any moving parts and use flash memory to store data. This means your website will load faster and there is less chance of a hard drive failure. The RAID 10 used to protect the SSDs uses a combination of disk mirroring and disk striping to protect your data which means your website will be more secure than on a regular shared hosting server. They also offer complimentary nightly backups for complete peace of mind.
What to expect from the Shared Hosting Plans (You can try for 7 days free)?
The shared hosting services offered by Namehero come under four plans.
Starter Cloud: Beginner friendly plan which allows one website and a free domain (in plans for two years and above). Offers unlimited SSD storage (maximum 250,000 inodes, means files), 1 GB RAM, cPanel, Lightspeed server which is faster than traditional Apache servers. It also comes with Free SSL, SSH access, website shield, WordPress auto-installer and many more features.
Plus Cloud: It allows hosting up to 6 websites and offers a free domain (in plans for two years and above). This plan offers 2GB Ram and 250000 inodes, cPanel, and other features offered in the starter cloud plan.
Turbo Cloud: This plan offers unlimited websites and a free domain (in plans for two years and above). The server RAM is 3GB and offers up to 500000 inodes.
Business Cloud: The business plan offers unlimited websites and a free domain (in plans for two years and above). Offers 4GB RAM and up to 500000 inodes.
Reseller Web Hosting is the practice of reselling web hosting space to sub-clients. As a Reseller, you purchase large blocks of disk space, bandwidth, and server resources and then divide it up into individual packages to resell to other clients for a recurring fee (i.e. monthly, quarterly, annually, etc.). It is a great way to earn extra income and NameHero’s reseller hosting plans make it easy to get up and running with your reseller hosting business. The reseller Hosting Plans are white labelled (you can use your own branding) hosting plans and they offer WHCMS control panel. Reseller plans also include a year-round 24/7 support and they can even help you migrate your reseller hosting account for free.
NameHero offers four reseller plans.
- Silver – The cheapest plan is their Silver Tier is good for starters. Free and unlimited SSL for all accounts and the ability to host 40 client accounts and each client can host an unlimited number of domains. The Silver plan includes Raid Protected 40 GB SSD storage and 500GB of monthly bandwidth.
- Gold –This plan includes free and unlimited SSL for all accounts, and the ability to host 60 client accounts and each client can host an unlimited number of domains. The Silver plan includes Raid Protected 75 GB SSD storage and 800GB of monthly bandwidth. It offers Free WHMCS.
- Platinum– This plan includes free and unlimited SSL for all accounts, and the ability to host 80 client accounts and each client can host an unlimited number of domains. The Silver plan includes Raid Protected 150 GB SSD storage and 1000GB of monthly bandwidth. It offers Free WHMCS.
- Diamond– It is the top tier reseller hosting plan and comes with free and unlimited SSL for all accounts, and the ability to host 100 client accounts and each client can host an unlimited number of domains. The Silver plan includes Raid Protected 150 GB SSD storage and 1000GB of monthly bandwidth. It offers Free WHMCS.
For greater flexibility, the VPS hosting plans of Namehero come fully supported by their technical team for hand-holding the clients who need support for server management.
NameHero’s VPS hosting comes in four plans.
- Hero 2GB – 30GB SSD Storage, 2GB RAM, 2 CPU Cores, US Datacenter 10TB Outgoing Bandwidth and 1 Dedicated IP.
- Hero 4GB – 60GB SSD Storage, 4GB RAM, 4 CPU Cores, US Datacenter 10TB Outgoing Bandwidth and 1 Dedicated IP.
- Hero 6GB – 90GB SSD Storage, 6GB RAM, 6 CPU Cores, US Datacenter 10TB Outgoing Bandwidth and 1 Dedicated IP.
- Hero 8GB – 12 0GB SSD Storage, 8GB RAM, 8 CPU Cores, US Datacenter 10TB Outgoing Bandwidth and 1 Dedicated IP.
The Dedicated Cloud Hosting Plans are the top of the line offering from NameHero and come in four tiers.
The Standard Cloud plan offers a 3.8GHz Processor with 4 Cores / 8 Thread, 8GB RAM, 210GB SSD Storage, 5TB Outgoing Bandwidth and are Fully Managed.
The Enhanced Cloud Plan offers 3.6GHz Processor 4 Cores / 8 Thread, 15GB RAM with 450GB SSD Storage, 5TB Outgoing Bandwidth which is Fully Managed.
The Enterprise Cloud Plan comes with a 3.8GHz Processor, 6 Cores / 12 Thread, 31GB RAM, 460GB SSD Storage, 5TB Outgoing Bandwidth and are Fully Managed.
The Hypersonic Cloud Plan 2×2.1GHz Processors,16 Cores / 32 Thread, 62GB RAM, 900GB SSD Storage, 5TB Outgoing Bandwidth and are fully managed.
Support Services, my personal experience while running this current blog site: NameHero promises a support service round the clock round the year for all customers(24x7x365). I personally have taken support help for some minor queries and they promptly resolved my issues within a day or two. They revert in most cases within hours and resolution is provided in a day. But, the customer support has to be taken with a grain of salt since my experience doesn’t represent the experiences of all the customers. There may be instances where the support service could do better.
So if you want to try NameHero for hosting, you can also try for 7 days risk-free. I am sure you won’t be disappointed with their service and prompt support.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links.’ This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.